So.. plans for Fall 2011 anime season


Well... now that all the blogs I actually cared about has released their season previews, it's time to review and redo my plans for this season...

High Priority


Guilty Crown

This show is hot enough to be a ice-breaker between two awkward anime fans, no pun intended. Even if I'm not excited about the series, it almost feels like it's duty of an anime blogger/fan to check this out. On the other hand, I really don't want to see another Code Geass. I'll admit that Code Geass is entertaining, but I can't say that I actually liked it. The second season was 25 episodes of Lelouch breaking the fourth wall and telling me YHBT. So please, don't do a Code Geass.

Chance of watching: Confirmed
Chance of blogging: Medium-High

Shana 3

This isn't a "want to watch"... this is a "might as well get it over with anyway". Like I've said, I don't understand the appeal of Shana, but I do remember vaguely that the second season was... okay. Well, at least it didn't suffer from the lousy sequel syndrome.

Chance of watching: Confirmed
Chance of blogging: Medium

Working'!!

Say whatever you want, but the characters are really. so. damn. cute. Who cares if they kept repeating the same jokes? What people don't realize is that the joke is told differently each time, or it is used to link to a different joke. Manga readers might probably understand this better. Oh, and the improved animation quality had made the characters absolutely gorgeous. Aoi's also probably one of Hirohashi Ryou's last roles... I had concerns that it might not live up to my heightened expectation but bah... whatever.

Chance of watching: Confirmed
Chance of blogging: Medium-Low (as much as I like the show, it might not be something interesting to write about)

Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing

Like I've said, if this was half as good as the original, it would be totally worth it. Toyosaki Aki and Yuuki Aoi is a bonus too. Frankly, I'm way more excited about this than Guilty Crown. Gonzo, please don't let me down...

Chance of watching: Confirmed
Chance of blogging: High

Low Priority

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

Well, I didn't realize it's a Sunrise project, and I can't say I mind seeing another Mai-Hime. And they actually had the balls to plan a second season, which is something you don't see anymore. The number of big name seiyuus is also a worthy bargaining chip so... I'll check it out, at least.

Chance of preview: High
Chance of blogging: High (if I end up following the series)

Fate/Zero

On one hand, it's Urobuchi Ken. On the other, I'm not really big on Fate/Stay Night, even if I found it enjoyable. Sadly, this anime is also missing most of my favourite casts from FSN... and Saber's not one of them.

Chance of preview: Medium
Chance of blogging; Medium-Low

Tamayura ~Hitotose

It'll really depends on the first couple of episode. If it end up just as boring as the OVA, I don't wanna pull myself through another painfully boring series. I've had had enough of Nekogami this time round.

Chance of preview: High
Chance of blogging: Low

Maken-ki

You know, fan service is something I could appreciate once in a while, and when I do, it was never the main point of the show. I've read through whatever that is available of the comic, but how studio would interpret it into the anime remains to be seen. They could go seriously into the shounen (which would be good), or pander shamelessly into the fanservice (which is... well...). The preview suggest that they're going for the latter, but we'll see...

Chance of preview: Medium
Chance of blogging: Low

Shinryaku!? Ika-Musume

FUCK IKA-MUSUME Ahem. Actually, the first season didn't really got me liking the series... it was actually the manga that got me interested. So, no doubt that there would be improvements in the second season, but whether the comedy would translate better into the anime this time round remains to be seen.

Chance of preview: High
Chance of blogging: Medium-low

Mirai Nikki

Yuno scares me. No shit, I don't think even Rena can match up to her Yandere-ness. And the whole story's more psychological than anything, with Yuki showing obvious signs of mistrust for Yuno, and you'll always half-expect the batshit insane Yuno to turn around and stab Yuki any moment. I'll remind you that the manga ending was one of the most interesting, awesome and well-written endings I've ever read, but I'm not sure I want to sit though the first insane 80% of the story.

Chance of preview: Low
Chance of blogging: High (if I end up watching it)

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle

Satou Junichi's on this one. I'm not sure what to expect from a show that is all about puzzle-solving, but stories that progress with a lot of wit are very welcome. Not so explicitly direct as simply solving a puzzle, but if the puzzle pieces are pieces of the plot... it might be interesting. Oh, and this is Sunrise's work, and their animation standard are always a big plus.

Chance of preview: Medium-High
Chance of blogging: Medium

No priority

C³ - It's funny, I can barely remember anything I've read about this show. That probably means that it's so generic that none of what it offers catches my eye, or the people who commented on this are as bored as I think they are about it.

Boku wa Tomodachi wa Sukunai - I still kept on seeing people who anticipates the show. I gave the manga a try again, as well as the pilot episode. I still can't see the appeal.

Chihayafuru - Gave the manga a try... and I gotta keep myself from falling asleep. It would actually pretty interesting (to some people, I guess)... but it ain't my cup of tea.

Gundam AGE - The concept is interesting, but the preview suggest that the story doesn't break away from the usual clichés that the Gundam series always runs on. My interest in Gundam also died a long ago... Then again, I won't be surprised if this turns out to be extremely popular. There's even a fair chance that I'll pick this up anyway, one way or the other. But for now... no.

UN-GO - Another detective series? The last couple of them failed to impress. Ugh. No.

Kimi to Boku - Maybe if... ugh. Sorry, my John disagrees with me.

Persona 4 - I've never played any of the Persona game or any of the previous animes. It's not that I have a good reason to not watch this... but I'll rather have a better understanding of the whole Persona universe if I ever got into it, even for a tiny bit.

Mashiro-Iro Symphony - So, I herd you liek Akane-iro?

Ben-To - Derp

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! - Well, it's funny. It looks like it's a show bound for failure, but Sabishii "can't wait" for it, and Aroduc actually liked something. I don't find myself caring about what kind of story the series is trying to tell from the synopsis and trailer, but it might actually be worth a try.