![]() |
| I wished the anime itself was this good. |
Well, it took me long enough to finally admit that this isn't worth my time. I got to give it to Marika; if not for her appealing character design coupled with a promising new voice, I probably won't last half of it. It's just too bad that her character is as shallow as a bird bath, and her dialogues are mostly monotone and meaningless.
Other than the fairly decent character designs and animation quality, I really don't know what else Morestsu Pirates has to offer. I've always divided "story" into "concept" and "storytelling" (story style), and I'll have you know that it fails at both.
![]() |
| Correction, they're all first-rate side show entertainers. |
And secondly, there has been few traces of clever storytelling. Marika is one-dimensional, but she is unfortunately still the most interesting person out of the huge number of people we have seen so far. The only other character worth a look, Chiaki, is simply a tsundere rival-friend under a thin cold image. In the battles, most of it happened on a computer screen. No, not yours. 50% of all the action features flashy and futuristic diagrams and arrows filling up flying across their ship's monitors. 49% features the characters talking really fast about stuff that's really complicated and apparently really brilliant. The final 1% shows the ship firing its guns maybe once or twice. I guess they wanted the audience to imagine all the excitement happening on the deck but dude...


