Which Voice Actor will you choose?

If you can choose the voice actor for a specific type of role, who would you choose?

I got this idea while writing the Ideal Anime Cast post a while back. I've always been a seiyuu fan, so this is a particularly interesting topic for me. And let's face it, some seiyuus are meant for certain roles, or at least you already had a particular image of the type of character they would cast in your mind. Here's some of my favourite people, and the roles I love seeing them in.

The Male Protagonist

Ono Daisuke
For his role of Satou Jun (Working!) and Koizumi Itsuki (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

If you would ask me about the best male seiyuu there is, I'll probably say Fukuyama Jun. But after Lelouch, I can't picture him in anything but an arrogant authoritarian male. I find Ono Daisuke a more flexible and well-rounded voice, which can go from a harsher tone (Satou) to a softer one (Koizumi), and perhaps that's what I'll rather pick for a make protagonist.

Well, honestly, picking male archetypes is boring, and I never cared who voiced the male protag role, as long as they don't use a female. Unless it's Paku Romi, of course.

Alternative: Paku Romi (Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist)

The Moeblob

Hanazawa Kana
For her role of Mayuri (Steins;Gate) and Nessa (Fractale)

...and Kobato, Roromiya, Shiemi, Mayu, etc, etc.. and I'm just throwing names on top of my head. There's no denying it, HanaKana is THE moeblob voice. Do I really need to convince you?

Alternative: Toyosaki Aki (Hirasawa Yui, K-ON!)

The Idiot (The Baka)

Omigawa Chiaki
For her role of Hotori (Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru) and Mitsuba (Setokai Yakuindomo)

Also affectionately known as Omigawd Chiaki. She is well hated by many for a good reason: her voice acting is sometimes akin to Kristen Stewart's: expressionless and awkward. That's what I felt about her first big role in Maka Albarn (Soul Eater) anyway, and that was nothing compared to her role of Nazuna in Hidamari Sketch, which completely blows. I never want to her in a crybaby role, ever again.

But I do find her voice extremely unique, and weirdly charming in some ways (her real voice is completely different though). She fits into the role of Hotori perfectly, and I thought she somehow did a stellar performance in Mitsuba, even as a side character. A character like Hotori is something I'd really love to see again.

Alternative: Hirohashi Ryou (Yamada Aoi, Working!)

The Genki Girl

Tomatsu Haruka
For her role of Yuka (Natsuiro Kiseki) and Yuina (Hanasaku Iroha)

And let's not forget Nagi, Anaru and Mysu. The "energetic girl" is one my favourite archetypes, and I often find Tomatsu Haruka in the best of these roles. Miyakoshi Hana, a character that only existed for 90 seconds in a fake PV of Working!!, instantly became one of the most likable characters I've seen, and it's all because of her too. While I didn't always like her characters, she probably has one of the most number of roles I find memorable.

Alternative: Horie Yui (Kushieda Minori, Toradora!)

The Crybaby

Yuuki Aoi
For her role of Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) and Giselle (Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam)

I guess I'm putting her here for her experience. I'd rather do without the endless bawling of Madoka, but then again, a lot of other seiyuus can do a lot worse.

I like Giselle a lot. Even though I never cared much of these kind of characters, she's an exception. She may not have actually cried in the series (did she? I can't remember), but she proved to be fantastic character despite being a soft-spoken and generally one of the most mellow character of the series. Man, I wish she took on the role of Nazuna in Hidasketch.

Alternative: Kayano Ai (Menma, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)

(part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment