New Season of Hidamari Sketch? But after Madoka, I can never see Hidamari the same way again


I can barely read japanese, so here's my sauce.

I love Hidamari Sketch. It's one of the first series I came to love after entering the world of anime, and it still remains as one of the best series I've ever watched. It's also the show that got me into the slice-of-life genre and got me to watch stuff like Aria, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Sketchbook. And despite being an incredibly low-budget production in the first season, it also got me to love the way Shaft and Shinbo animate things, and got me to love everything Shaft produces. Well, most of them.

Then Shaft make Madoka. I don't know about you, but Aoki Ume's characters are so instantly recognizable, I can't help relating to Hidamari when I see Madoka. I don't think I can help picturing the Hidamari girls being in misery, crying every episode, with one character dying every other. Ugh, I think I'm expecting Kyubei to pop up at the Hidamari apartments asking Yuno to become a Puella Magi. (Hey, Puella Magi Yuno Magica might be pretty cool)

Hey, this might be what Kyubei looked like in another world:


Then again, Shinbo DID mention that he wants to put the Madoka girls in a slice-of-life series. That definitely gets my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment