WORKING'!! Ep1 - I have a bad feeling...


The reason I didn't like the second season of Hidamari Sketch as much as the first is that... following the success of the first season, they started pouring the money into the production quality of the show, but at the same time, failed to recognize and focus on the original appeal of the story.

And after watching the first episode of this Working'!!... I can't shake the feeling that the show is heading down the same way.

Why do I say that? Well, when compared to the first season, we can immediately recognize the huge improvements in the animation. There also seems to be a lot more focus on the moé aspects of the characters, and being a re-introduction episodes after all, they're careful let each characters garner a fair amount of spotlight. It all feels very... deliberate.

The downside is that all these deliberation made the show much, much slower than before. I know they probably doesn't have a horde of material to use, but it moved so slowly from one joke to the next, that it has unfortunately added a fair bit of sleepiness into the show.

I hope this is just an unavoidable effect of an (re)introduction episode.

Anyway, it's really nice to see my favourite casts again.