Tari Tari Ep2: P.A's little quirks


The way the first episode puts it, I'd thought that the joint recital would be the final part of the entire season as a climax or conclusion. I didn't think it would come so soon after they managed to put a club together, since the joint recital is the supposed biggest event for the club after all. But now that you look at it, I guess it's a good way to kick start the club, since they've already gotten off a late start in their third year.

The plot of this entire episode is where they somehow managed to get the recital going even after a series of disasters. It feels pretty cliched because of how well these problems are timed to occur together, but it didn't feel like that in the episode. It's difficult to describe how well it came together, but I'd like to say that it stems from story style/directing that seems to be unique to P.A. works. Well, just HanaIro and this, actually. It might not have been the same director, but the style share a lot of similarities that makes it very different from other anime. Sometimes I feel that they deliberately make the character speak fast and avoid chewing on their words. It is their realistic manner of speech? Is it the lack of exaggerated expressions that is a supposed anime norm? Is it the little quirks with their reactions that I feel that I can relate to if I was in the conversation? I've mentioned this with HanaIro before, but still can't quite put my finger on it.

As with HanaIro, I don't think I'm watching the anime for the story, but more for their deliverance of story delivery and expression of its characters. The characters didn't draw me in like Ohana did, but the chemistry between the five did. Well, just three actually, until the guys actually fits into the picture. Overall, it was just very satisfying to feel something very different from what you'll expect from anime.

From the looks of the preview, maybe Tari Tari isn't all about the choir club after all?

(my god, Sawa is huge)

4 comments:

  1. This episode definitely came as a surprise to me, too. It seems like this anime wants to give every character a whole episode to focus on their passion. I think this makes for an interesting idea, but I'm curious how they'll make everything come together near the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious too, since it seem like they all had different interests...

      Delete
  2. It did feel like a 2 episode series lol
    I expected at least the rest to join in behind the 2 while singing but the brother just stood there...

    Anyway im wanting more Wein, he seems very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I feel that it was their big moment, and I won't want Konatsu's brother to ruin it!

      Delete